- General advice on planning proposals
- Submission of planning applications and appeals
- Representations by 3rd parties to planning applications and appeals
- Enforcement matters
- Representations to Local Authority Local Plans including submission of potential sites for development
- Negotiating with Local Authorities, developers and Registered Providers on section 106 affordable housing requirements
- Developing affordable housing schemes on 'rural exception sites' including site identification
- Undertaking housing needs surveys
- Training packages on the planning system for parish councils and voluntary and community groups
- Assisting local communities to
- make representations to planning applications
- make representations to Local Authority planning policies and site allocations in their emerging Local Plans
- Community Planning Projects including Parish Plans and Village Design Statements
Neighbourhood Planning was introduced by the Localism Act 2011. It firmly gives the power for parish and town councils and local communities to write their own plans and guide future development of their area. The Neighbourhood Plan when adopted becomes part of the statutory development plan for the area giving it significant weight when planning decisions on development proposals are made.
Since the launch of Neighbourhood Planning, Alyson has been involved in various aspects of training and support to local communities. She has delivered presentations on Neighbourhood Planning and organised and ran 2 conferences in Doncaster, 'Are you ready for Localism' and Localism six months on' attended by representatives from Community Matters and Locality respectively. Through her volunteer work with Planning Aid England (PAE) she has run various workshops on aspects of Neighbourhood Planning including direct support to a community undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan.
Alyson is available to support any community thinking about preparing a Neighbourhood Plan or those who have already embarked on the process. She is willing to attend a parish/town council or local community meeting to outline the support that can be given. This can cover ensuring a robust evidence base to support the Plan's policies, community consultation and drafting of the Plan.
Most recently Alyson has worked with associate Chris Broughton Associates on the Petersfield Neighbourhood Plan which lies in the South Downs National Park.
This work involved;-
- updating the housing need evidence
- carrying out site appraisals prior to allocating sites for residential development
- advising on housing policies
- preparing for and attending a 2 day consultation event
Alyson is a member of the Neighbourhood Planning Independent Referral Service (NPIERS). She is available to undertake Neighbourhood Planning examinations through this service or can be engaged directly by the Local Authority/NP qualifying body.